- Global leader in travel retail
- Free onsite gym
- Mascot location
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is an international travel retail company that operates a number of exciting brands in Travel Essentials, Duty Free & Food Service around the globe. With Australian and New Zealand stores located in dynamic environments including airports and commuter hubs, we are a fast paced organisation meeting the needs of people on the move.
We are currently seeking a Property Accountant who will ensure the accurate and effective reporting of occupancy related income & costs and Fixed Assets Schedules for the Lagardere Travel Retail businesses. Complimentary to this is cost controls and identification of saving opportunities and will involve interpreting and accounting for leases and commercial advertising agreements.
In this role you will::
- Calculate and prepare commentary for occupancy costs in the monthly accounts
- Prepare and Review Budgeting and Forecasting for Occupancy costs.
- Reconcile relevant monthly balance sheet work papers
- Reconcile and maintain the Fixed Asset registers
- Review and manage the coding of all occupancy and capex related invoices
- Review occupancy invoices against agreed terms as required
- Interpret leases and build rent and other calculations to account for relevant terms
- Review monthly and prepare annual audited sales declarations to landlords
- Assist with Auditor for Occupancy costs related enquiries
- Manage IFRS16 project
- Manage insurance renewal requirements and internal claims process with brokerage
- Perform capex and P&L analysis as directed
- Complete other tasks and projects as directed by the FP&A Manager
The successful applicant will ideally have the following:
- At least 3 years post-graduate experience in mid to large retail or property commercial role
- Tertiary qualification with, or with the intention to complete CA/CPA/International equivalent
- Proven ability building successful working relationships with external stakeholders
- Experience maintaining multiple fixed assets registers
- Confidence to challenge existing norms and expectations
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills essential
- Microsoft Navision experience highly regarded though not essential
We seek a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, who will have the commitment and initiative to expand their knowledge and experience. This is your opportunity to shine in the limelight, working in a supportive but challenging environment, with great career opportunities, offices close to Sydney Airport with exciting views, and a free onsite Gym.
Experience new horizons every day!